The avocado essential oil is extracted from avocadoes. It is possessed with health benefits and various nutrients. It provides the glowing and perfect skin. Avocado oil possess huge amount of Vitamin E, A and D, potassium, lecithin and sterolins. It can excellently enhance the health. This oil is used in hair care products as well as cosmetics. It should be used in purest and organic form as carrier oil.
Health Benefits of Avocado Essential Oil
The consumable oil which is extracted by pressing the avocadoes fleshy pulp is avocado oil. It is used for cosmetic as well as cooking purposes. It is suitable for grilling and frying due to its high smoking point. It possess abundant amount of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids. It also possess lecithin, protein, vitamin, A, E and beta-carotene. Some of the health benefits provided by the avocado oil are:
1. Rich Source of Oleic Acid
Monounsaturated oleic acid is also found in avocado oil which prevents the flare-ups of certain auto-immune diseases, reduce the chances of some cancers, speeds up regeneration of cells, wound healing, prevents microbial infections, facilitates body in repelling and reduce inflammation. The Avocado oil can be used to cook the food at higher temperatures without losing its benefits.
2. Detoxifies your body
Avocado oil possesses the chlorophyll which helps to remove the lead and mercury from the brain, liver, kidneys and other organs. The toxic elements are passed out in the form of bowels.
3. Keeps your heart healthy
Avocado oil possesses huge amount of beta-sitosterol which assist to convert the less healthy fats to the usable forms which are less damaging to the cells. The anti-inflammatory property of avocado oil helps to restrict the arterial walls damage and also reduces the chances of heart disease which are caused by plaque deposits. It helps to maintain the blood pressure level at healthy level.
4. Improves digestion
Poor digestion leads to heart burn, abnormal amount of gas and bloating. The avocado oil possesses minerals, vitamins and monounsaturated fatty acids which assist in the proper functioning of digestive tract.
5. Strengthen skin
The avocado oil possesses minerals and vitamins which nourishes the body from outside as well as inside. The ability of the skin is enhanced to generate more cells. It contains potassium, vitamin E, and lecithin which enhance the healthy growth of new skin.
6. Periodontal Disease
In July 2006, “Journal of Periodontal Disease” reports that periodontal disease could be treated from the avocado oil. The researchers found that the anti-inflammatory properties help to eliminate the bone erosion which is related with periodontal disease.
7. Reduces inflammation and itching
The high presence of oleic acid helps to soothe the skin discomforts, cracked heels, insect bites, eczema, dandruff, keratosis pilaris, stings, sunburn and psoriasis. Avocado oil doesn’t soak faster due to its thickness. A small patch skin test should be done before applying it.
The study published in “Ugeschrift for laeger” in 2005 reports that the avocado oil has the anti-inflammatory properties which help to enhance the growth and repair of cartilage. The four high- quality research made by the authors indicates that the combination of avocado and soybean oil helps to treat the symptoms of hip and knee osteoarthritis.
9. Controls and Modifies Blood Cholesterol
The avocado oil helps to prevent cardiovascular system. The high amount of monounsaturated oleic acid (OA) restricts the dietary cholesterol and triglyceride absorption by stopping its transport to the bloodstream. The intake of OA reduces potentials of plaque formation, blood concentration of low density lipoproteins (LDL) and vessel blockage. It can also increase the level of high density lipoprotein (HDL) which prevents from cardiovascular diseases.
10. Helps you to lose weight
As avocado oil is loaded with nutrients, it makes full faster and keeps the appetite satisfied longer. EFAs and vitamins help to improve the digestion.
11. Grows hair faster and fuller
The avocado oil should be applied to the hair and scalp either alone or mixed with the essential oils. This helps to improve the appearance of the hair and also enhances the healthy growth of new strands.
12. Accelerates wound healing
Avocado oil accelerates the healing process of the wound. The damaged skin such as scrapes, raw skin rashes or blisters, bug bites, cuts, burns, sunburn and stings should be applied a drop or two of avocado oil.
13. Blood Pressure
The study published in “Journal of Enthnopharmacology” in April 2005 reports that the avocado oil helps to lower the blood pressure. The study conducted on laboratory animals shows that the avocado oil modified the essential fatty acid level in kidneys; result in changes the kidney respond to the hormones which regulates the blood pressure.
The study which was issued in the journal “Dermatology” in 2001 shows that the psoriasis patients who used the avocado oil cream and vitamin for about 12 weeks has the improvement throughout the study.
15. Fight wrinkles
The avocado oil possesses high level of protein with the amino acid contents assists in regeneration of tissue as well as renewal of cells. Avocado oil upgrades the collagen production. The intake or application of avocado oil slows down the aging process of skin.
5 steps to apply avocado oil on hair
The simple steps to apply the avocado oil on the hair are:
- In a bottle, make the mixture of 1-2 spoon of avocado oil, 1-2 spoon of glycerin and one quarter of skin soap.
- The mixing process should be continued for 1-2 minutes. Shake the bottle for better results.
- The mixed solution should be applied to the hair. The shampoo could be applied if needed and let it remain till it dries.
- Let it remain for 3-5minutes so that it dries up completely.
- Then wash the hair with cold water.
Suggested Avocado Oil Uses
- The presence of antiseptic properties destroys the bacteria and eliminates bad breathe, if little amount of Avocado oil is added to the mouthwash.
- Few drops of Avocado Oil should be added to the milkshake to enhance the taste and health.
- Add avocado oil to the shampoo or conditioner so that it helps to eliminate the dry itchy scalp.
- Massage the avocado oil to the sun burn for few days so that it helps to get rid of it.
- Add few drops of avocado oil to the hand moisture creams which facilitates in soft, healthy and hydrated skin.
- The nightly Avocado oil face rub helps to get rid of age line and wrinkles of the face.
- The use of avocado oil in a spray bottle helps to detangle the hair by eliminating the greasy residue.
- For enrich moisturizing treatment of scalp and hair, add a shower cap after massaging the oil to the scalp.
- Treat the avocado oil regularly to clear the psoriasis and eczema issues.
- The acne could be treated by the avocado oil.
- Avocado oil enhances the growth of hair.
- The daily intake of avocado triggers the menstrual flow.
- Apply the avocado oil with a cotton ball to the infected teeth to relieve toothache.
- The avocado oil also helps to heal small wounds.
- Make the energizing drink by adding the avocado to the blender.
- The usage of avocado oil as a sunscreen helps to prevent the harmful UV rays.
- A homemade avocado facial cleanser could be made by making the mixture of half cup milk, one egg yolk and half avocado.
- The mixture of egg white, oats, a tiny bit of lemon juice and avocado oil makes a great skin exfoliator.
- The moisturizing mask treatments could be made by the mixture of Aloe Vera gel and a mash of fully ripened avocado.
Beauty tips using Avocado essential oil
Making a facial mask from avocado oil
- Put the paste of one avocado in a bowl by adding 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in it.
- Wash the face properly and apply the mask of avocado all over the face with spatula. Nose, eyes and mouth should be avoided.
- Sit for 10-15 minutes so that the avocado oil enters to the deep layers of the skin.
- The clean towel should be soaked in the hot water and squeeze it dry. Press the towel over the face.
- The avocado should be removed by pulling the towel downward by applying pressure. Then rinse your face.
Making an age spot massage lotion
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil and 2 tablespoons of avocado oil should be mixed in a bowl. It should be applied with the fingers to the age spots.
- The age spot should be well massaged with the oil and let it remains for 15 minutes.
- Then use warm water to rinse off the oil. Due to the high presence of sterolins in avocado oil, it treats age spots and also moisturizes the skin.
Making a bath oil
- The bath oil should be mixed.
- 2 cups of avocado oil and 1 cup of almond oil should be heated in a saucepan. After removing the pan from the heat, 2 teabags should be placed into the mixture.
- The essential oils such as chamomile, lavender and geranium should be poured to the glass bottle. The mixture of avocado and avocado oil should be added to the bottle. Then place the lid on the bottle.
- The bottle should shake well and then it should be placed in a cool and dark place for 1 day.
- A hot bath should run and 2 ounces of bath oil mixture should be poured into the water. It helps to rejuvenate and moisturize the skin and leaves it soft and supple.
Making a skin rub from avocado oil
- The pure avocado oil should be rubbed to the skin.
- The small amount of avocado oil should be poured to the dry areas of the skin. The avocado oil helps to provide the soothing effect to the eczema sufferers as it lowers the inflammation and itching of the skin.
Making a hair shampoo from avocado oil
- Make the mixture of ¼ cup of aloe vera, ¼ cup of castile soap, ¼ teaspoon of avocado oil and 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin in a medium-sized glass bottle.
- After closing the bottle shake it thoroughly.
- The entirety of the bottle should be poured on the hair in the bathtub or over a sink. Let it sit for about 3-5 minutes after massaging the hair with the shampoo.
- Then rinse out with cool water. It provides the healthy hair.