The tea which is made from cranberries is known as cranberry tea. It is grown in temperate regions. Some cranberry teas are the mixture of dried cranberries and black or green tea. Other cranberry tea is made by blending the dried cranberries with other berries. The presence of anti-adhesion properties in cranberries prevents the bacteria as well as infection. It eliminates the bacteria which is responsible for causing ulcers and gum disease. The daily intake of cranberry tea assists to cure the infection. The antioxidant prevents the free radical damage. The daily intake of cranberry tea alleviates the development of atherosclerosis.
Health Benefits of Cranberry Tea
Besides its favorable taste, cranberry tea is drink for various reasons. It is rich in vitamins and antioxidants which counteracts the free radicals. It treats heart disease, counteracts the yeast and tract infections and also reduces the cholesterol. Research found that the consumption of cranberry tea can reduce the tumor growth.
The presence of antioxidants prevents from cell damage by free radical which leads to cancer, heart disease and other diseases. It is rich in Vitamin C which fights with free radicals.
2. Urinary tract infections
The National Institute for Complementary and Alternative Medicine reports that cranberries have the ability to bind iron because the more presence of iron leads to high infection of urinary tract.
3. Oral Hygiene
The natural antiseptic property of cranberry tea eliminates the buildup of plaque in teeth and alleviates the bacteria which cause the cavity between the teeth.
4. Boost immune system and fights infection
Cranberry tea enhances the immune system. The presence of antioxidants prevents the damage to the body, infection and also counteracts disease. It treats the urinary tract infections. It possesses vitamin C, minerals and potassium.
5. Vitamin packed
Cranberry tea enhances the immune system and also maintains the healthy heart. The presence of phytochemicals in the cranberries skin enhances the healthy hearts. It helps to increase good cholesterol and decrease bad cholesterol.
6. Stress relief
A cranberry tea possesses stress-relieving properties which help to relieve stress.
7. Eye Health
Cranberry tea eliminates the harmful toxins which protects the eyes. The anti-bacterial property in cranberry tea counteracts the degenerative disease.
8. Kidney health
Cranberry tea eliminates the harmful toxins from the kidneys as well. It enhances the kidney functions by preventing the free radicals and bacteria which cause diseases that can affect organs.
9. Fat burning
The fat deposit in the body is flushed out from the body with the cranberry tea. The daily intake of cranberry tea with the healthy diet can effectively lose the weight and can get a healthy body.
Making Cranberry tea
The Cranberry tea could be prepared by following these steps:
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 quarts water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ c. lemon juice
- 2/3 c. orange juice
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ¼ c. sugar
- Bring cranberries, water and cinnamon to boil.
- Boil for about 10 min or until the berries have popped.
- Cover, and let sit overnight (or just a few hours in a pinch).
- Drain over a strainer and return cranberry juice to the pot.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and reheat.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Side Effects of Cranberry Tea
The side effects of cranberry tea are:
- High oxalate is possessed in cranberry which is the cause of kidney stones. So due to this, it should be consumed in adequate.
- The excessive consumption of cranberry tea results to weight gain and stomach disturbances such as gastrointestinal distress and diarrhea.
- As it p
- As it possess huge amount of salicylic acid, those who are allergic to aspirin should not intake the cranberry supplements.
- This tea is not safe for the breastfeeding and pregnant women.