Parsley is a versatile culinary herb which is used to add the mild flavor in the dishes. Parsley is an inherent to the Mediterranean region. The word parsley is derived from the Greek word “petros” which means “stone”. It reaches up to one to two feet in height. The two types of parsley are: Italian parsley and curly leaf parsley. Italian parsley provides the more intense flavor than curly leaf parsley. Parsley oil is extracted from the roots, seeds and leaves of the plant. The color of the parsley oil is very pale yellow or colorless with a bitter scent.
Health Benefits of Parsley Essential Oil
Parsley essential oil possess anti-rheumatic, antimicrobial, antiseptic, anti-arthritic, carminative, astringent, detoxifier, circulatory, diuretic, digestive, depurative, febrifuge, emenagogue, laxative, hypotensive, stimulant, laxative, uterine substance and stomachic properties. As it is used in the various dishes, it also serves various medicinal properties which are as follows:
The presence of antimicrobial properties prevents the microbes. It can destroy the microbes and also eliminates its growth. It protects from the infections.
2. Anti-rheumatic and Anti-arthritic
It acts as a depurative and detoxifying agent because it possesses the stimulant and diuretic properties. Detoxifier helps to eliminate the toxins from the body and depurative cleanses the blood. It also increases the frequency of urination with the removal of unwanted substances, salts, excess water and uric acid. It also enhances the circulation. It also relieves the pain related to gout and arthritis.
It prevents the microbe infection. It also prevents the growth of microbes with its elimination in the affected area.
The daily intake and massage with parsley oil helps to lower cellulite from the body. It also provides the tight skin.
The presence of astringency property promotes the contraction in the muscles and tissues. It can be applied internally as well as externally to promote the contraction in the muscles, gums, skin and blood vessels.
The gas in the intestine leads to flatulence, vomiting, stomachaches, hypertension, indigestion, nausea, headaches, chest pains and even heart attacks. This oil helps to get rid of these problems as it prevents from the formation of gas.
Parsley essential oil detoxifies toxins through the urine. It prevents from the diseases caused due to the collection of unwanted substances such as arthritis, rheumatism, boils and skin diseases.
This oil aids the appetite and promotes the digestion through the digestive juice secretion in the stomach. It also increases the hunger.
It enhances the frequency of urination which helps to eliminate the unwanted toxins from the body. It eliminates salts, unwanted water and toxins such as fats, uric acid, microbes and pollutants. It also prevents the diseases such as arthritis, rheumatism, acne, moles and boils. It also prevents the infections in the urinary system and renal calculi.
It cleanses the blood by eliminating the unwanted substances from the blood and by transporting the oxygen to the tissues. It also enhances the circulation of blood.
Parsley essential oil helps to vitalize the hormone secretion such as estrogen which triggers the delayed menstruations. It also relieves the menstruation related problems such as abdominal pain and cramps, fatigue, nausea and annoyance. It also maintains the reproductive organs in good health.
It also cures the fever due to the presence of detoxifying and depurative properties. The antimicrobial properties help to eliminate microbial or viral infections such as yellow fever, malaria, influenza and typhoid.
Parsley essential oil helps to cure chronic hypertension without side effects. If it is taken orderly then it also reduces the blood pressure.
Parsley essential oil possesses the laxative properties which help to relieve the constipation. It also eliminates the gastric juices and promotes the downward motion of excreta.
It vitalizes the neurons, nerves, digestion, immune mechanism, excretion and circulation of lymph and blood.
Parsley essential oil calms the stomach and manages proper flow of gastric juices, protects from infections, reduces inflammation and also heals ulcers and wounds.
It promotes the hormones secretion such as progesterone and estrogen. It helps to maintain the health of uterine by the menses regulation and prevents the problems such as dryness and uterine ulcers.
How to make Parsley oil
The parsley oil is extracted through the process of steam distillation which is highly concentrated.
- 3 bunches flat-leaf parsley
- 3 cups olive oil or coconut oil
Boil pot of water. As soon as it’s boiling, bleach the parsley, stems complete: just put the parsley within a strainer put it within the boiling water for about 10 seconds, and after that instantaneously take away and transfer onto a bowl of iced water for a few seconds, till the parsley is cold. Dry the parsley on paper towels.
- Boil pot of water. As soon as it’s boiling, bleach the parsley, stems complete: just put the parsley within a strainer put it within the boiling water for about 10 seconds, and after that instantaneously take away and transfer onto a bowl of iced water for a few seconds, till the parsley is cold. Dry the parsley on paper towels.
- Place the parsley in a blender along with a cup of olive oil and blend completely, or until the paste turns a bright green color. Don’t let the mixer run for too extensive, however, as the resistance might make heat, causing the color of parsley to fade.
- Relocate the parsley paste into a hygienic glass jar. Include the residual oil and tremble well, then cover firmly. Place in the refrigerator for a day. You’ll notice that the herbs will settle to the bottom of the jar.
- Place an unbleached coffee filter within another glass jar, and then scoop the parsley mixture into the filter. Let it drain.
- You are able to trickle this parsley oil infusion within your salads, adding a beautiful green colour and flavor to them. You can also use it to decorate serving plates. Blend it with vinaigrette, include it to a cold soup, or even utilize it to relish chicken or fish. Chilled, it will stay fresh for a week. For a extended shelf life, stock it in the freezer.
Parsley Seed Essential Oil Contra Indications
The qualified medical professional should be consulted before using the parsley seed oil. The liver disease patients should avoid the use of parsley essential oil. This oil should be diluted for applying to the skin. The allergy test should be done. The excessive use of parsley seed essential oil results to loss of hearing, drop in blood pressure and low pulse rate. One should seek for medical attention if these symptoms are experienced. The young children, nursing women and pregnant women are not recommended to use this oil because it may result in abortion. The usage of essential oils on animals should be avoided because it may results in adverse effects.