Do you want your hair to grow faster? If that is the case, then you are not the only one. Many people out there are after long and healthy hair. Sadly, there is no magical treatment that will make your hair grow extremely fast. However, the great news is that there are ways to make your hair grow a little bit faster. If you want to know what they are, then you should definitely keep reading!
In this article, you will find a list of tips for making your hair grow healthier and faster, ranging from trimming it on a regular basis, taking hair-growth vitamins, and rinsing your hair with cold water to using conditioner, cutting back on heat styling, and staying away from bleach. Check it out!
1. Trim Your Hair Regularly
When it comes to making your hair grow faster, trimming it on a regular basis can be very beneficial. However, the thing is that even though it is recommended that you get regular trims, you should not do it too often. Going for a trim every few months should be enough.
If you decide not to get your hair trimmed at all, it might become prone to split ends and breakage. As a result, it will look damaged and unhealthy. On the other hand, if you decide to get your hair trimmed way too often, it will start growing back thin and weak.
In case you cannot afford to go to the hairdresser, giving yourself a haircut is always a viable option. As long as you get your hands on great hair-cutting equipment, such as, for example, German scissors from Scissor Tech, you should be able to do it without any major issues.
2. Have a Balanced and Healthy Diet
If you want to make your hair grow faster, you should pay a lot of attention to your diet. Food that is nutritious and tasty will improve both your mood and your health. Moreover, nutrients are incredibly beneficial to your hair. They will make it stronger and boost hair growth.
3. Try To Avoid Heat Styling
Heat styling is an excellent way to create a great hairstyle. What you might not know is that it can damage your hair, especially if you use such tools excessively. Ideally, you should avoid using heat styling tools. For example, instead of using a blow dryer to dry your hair, you can let it air dry. Other than that, if you really want to keep using heat styling tools, you can buy a heat protectant and use it beforehand.
4. Buy a Great Hair Conditioner
Hair conditioners are pretty great. On top of making your hair softer and smoother, they help it stay hydrated for long periods of time. Due to the fact that hydrated hair does not break as easily as dry hair, it makes your hair grow faster.
Considering this, if you want to boost the growth of your hair, use a hair conditioner on a regular basis! There are many different types of conditioners out there, ranging from the ones that contain only natural ingredients to vegan ones. As a result, you should be able to find one that will suit your needs and your budget in no time.
5. Use Hair Masks Twice a Month
Masks are great for making your hair stronger and healthier. Better yet, they can make it grow faster! Why is that the case? When you use a mask, you are infusing your hair with essential nutrients and vitamins that help nourish it and make it stronger. Consequently, it should make your hair grow a whole lot faster.
6. Do Not Use Bleach
Chemical treatments are pretty bad for your hair. They can make it grow thinner and weaker, as well as cause breakage and hair loss. If you decide to have such treatments done on a regular basis, it will definitely slow down your hair growth. Thus, if you want to grow your hair out, you should avoid chemical treatments.
As you can see, there are many things that you can do to make your hair grow faster. While avoiding chemical treatments and heat styling might prove to be pretty challenging for quite a few people out there, it is definitely worth the effort. After all, long and healthy hair can do wonders for your self-esteem!
If you have any questions, you should get in touch with your local hairstylist. They should be able to answer your questions and give you useful tips and recommendations with ease. As a result, you should get to enjoy having long and pretty hair in no time!
Natural treatment of Hair Loss
If you knew then that taking your vitamins could essentially help you hold on to your hair for a longer period of time, you just may have listened to your mom while growing up. But don’t panic, there’s still time to take action. When treating hair loss, if all other therapies have failed, try herbal and homeopathic remedies.
1The way you live your life definitely affects the rate at which you lose your hair, mainly because stress can increase hair thinning and loss, so if you’re less stressed, you might have a few extra years under cover. Environmental factors, such as exposure to pollution or toxic chemicals, can cause hair loss. Women who take birth control pills may be depleting the body of B vitamins. Those who drink alcohol and smoke deplete minerals from their bodies, which are imperative to maintaining an optimal hair lifespan. In addition, according to Mitch Peritz, daily scalp massage is recommended to increase blood flow to the scalp, as will lying down on a slant board with your head down for 15 minutes per day
An Expert says women who are first embarking on supplemental programs should start slowly. The dosages can be increased after a couple of weeks when you see how your body is reacting. Some antioxidants include a high quality vitamin E (about 200 i.u. per day) to reduce inflammation, alpha lipoic acid (about 25 mg per day) to protect cell membranes and make other antioxidants work harder, vitamin C, ascorbic acid (about 500 mg of ester C to start). It is also recommends that postmenopausal women take a high-quality antioxidant formula, like the life extension mix, once a day to start off their supplemental program.
Herbs, botanicals, and nutrients have been proven very effective for use alone or in conjunction with pharmaceutical drugs and hair transplantation surgeries. Check with your doctor, then try these options:
- Saw Palmetto (Serenosa repens): Extract of the berries of the saw palmetto shrub slows hair loss and encourages hair regrowth. Instead of inhibiting 5-alpha-reductase, it prevents DHT from binding to the receptor sites at the prostate and hair follicles. There are no side effects, except for decreased sexual function in men, as seen with Propecia. Use saw palmetto capsules made from the berry extract that are labeled concentrated and purified with 85-95 percent fatty acids and sterols. Take one 16o mg pill in the morning and one at night.
- Green Tea (Camellia sinensis): Green tea contains catechins, which inhibit 5-alpha-reductase and prevent the production of DHT. Green tea is also rich in antioxidants, which make it effective in treating male pattern baldness. Made from the unfermented leaves of the tea plant, it can be taken as a drink or in capsule form and has no side effects.
- Pygeum (Pygeum africanum): From the African evergreen, pygeum inhibits 5-alpha-reductase to improve male pattern baldness. Make sure the label lists a beta sterol count of 13 percent; take 60-500 mg per day in pill or capsule form.
- Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica): Long used to improve the health of skin and hair, stinging nettle enhances the effects of pygeum. Take 50-100 mg per day in pill or capsule form.
- Zinc: Mineral zinc inhibits the activity of 5-alpha-reductase as well as the ability of testosterone and DHT to bind to your cell’s receptors, protecting the follicles from DHT and allowing for increased excretion of these hormones. The bottom line: it helps prevent and treat male pattern baldness. For optimal absorption, take 60 mg per day of zinc picolinate for six months in pill or capsule form.