- 1 cup (240 g) diced water chestnut morsels Few drops red food coloring
- ½ cup (60 g) tapioca starch(tapioca flour)
- 5 cups (1¼ liters) water Crushed ice
Sweet Coconut Milk
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar
- ¾ cup (180 ml) water
- ¾ cup (180 ml) thick coconut milk
How to Make It
- Sprinkle the water chestnut morsels with a few drops of red food coloring and toss until bright red. Put the tapioca starch in a plastic bag, add the water chestnuts and shake until thoroughly coated.
- Put the water chestnut morsels and tapioca starch in a colander or sieve and shake until excess flour falls away. Bring 5 cups water to a boil in a pot. Add the water chestnut morsels and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain the water chestnuts and plunge into cold water. Drain again and set aside.
- To make the Sweet Coconut Milk, boil the sugar and water in a saucepan over high heat for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool, then add the coconut milk and stir.
- To serve, put a little of the water chestnut rubies into dessert dishes and add some of the Sweet Coconut Milk and crushed ice. Additional slices of ripe jackfruit or young coconut may be added if desired.