A visually intriguing dessert where a rich coconut-milk custard is steamed inside a small pumpkin or acorn squashes.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut cream
- 1 cup (185 g) chopped palm sugar or dark brown sugar
- 1 small pumpkin, about
- 8 in (20 cm) in diameter
- 2 acorn squashes
How to Make It
- Beat the eggs with the coconut cream and sugar until the mixture is frothy.
- Cut the top off the pumpkin or acorn squashes and carefully scoop out the seeds and any fibers. Pour in the coconut cream mixture, cover with the top of the pumpkin or squashes and place in a steamer. Cover the steamer and place over boiling water.
- Steam over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until the mixture has set. Leave to cool (preferably refrigerate) and cut in thick slices to serve.
- Duck eggs add richness and a firmer texture to the custard. If using palm sugar, strain the custard through a sieve before pouring into the pumpkin to remove any impurities.