Dry, crunchy and dense, these biscuits are a delightful with any warm beverage!
- Yield: 12 biscotti biscuits
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp salted pistachios, chopped
- 3 tbsp slivered almonds
How to Make It
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, whisk together the sugar and butter for 4 minutes or until fluffy and light. Add in the eggs one at a time and whish until combined. Add in the nuts and vanilla extract and mix together with a wooden spoon. Add in the flour mixture and gently mix until just combined.
- Flour the lined sheet and place dough on top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and using your hands, form a log about 10-12 inches long. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and cut into 12 slices. Arrange on the same baking sheet keeping them ½ an inch apart. Lower the oven to 275°F and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!