- Yield: 12 Servings one 8-inch pie
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Sweetened whipped cream (omit for dairy-free)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease an 8-inch pie pan.
- To make the crust, mix together the crust ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of the greased pie pan. Par-bake the crust for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- While the crust is in the oven, make the filling: Place the egg yolks, almond milk, and sweetener in a medium-sized heat-safe bowl and whisk to blend. Slowly whisk the melted butter into the egg mixture (be sure to go slowly so the eggs don’t cook). Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk the filling mixture constantly and vigorously until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the mixture registers 140°F, about 5 minutes. Stir in the extract, then remove the filling from the heat. Place the bowl of filling in an ice bath, stirring often, until completely chilled. (Or let it cool to room temperature, then place the filling in the refrigerator until completely chilled.)
- Pour the chilled filling into the cooled crust and top the pie with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.