- Yield: 10 Servings
- 4–5-lb beef roast
- 2 14½-oz cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 16-oz jar gluten-free salsa, your choice of mild, medium, or hot
- 2 or 3 medium-sized onions, cut in chunks
- 1 or 2 green or red bell peppers, sliced
How to Make It
- Brown the roast on top and bottom in a nonstick skillet and place in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine stewed tomatoes and salsa. Spoon over meat.
- Cover and cook on Low 8–10 hours, or until the meat is tender but not dry.
- Add onions halfway through cooking time in order to keep fairly crisp. Push down into the sauce.
- One hour before serving, add pepper slices. Push down into the sauce.
- Remove meat from cooker and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing. Place slices on serving platter and top with vegetables and sauce.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.