- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 pound beets, peeled and cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed fennel seeds
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 5 ounces greens (such as mâche; about 6 cups)
- 2 avocados, chopped
- ⅓ cup cornichons, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Brie and bread, for serving
How to Make It
- Toss the beets and potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil, the fennel seeds, and ½ teaspoon salt. Roast on a baking sheet at 400°F, tossing once, until tender, 24 to 28 minutes; let cool.
- Toss with the greens, avocados, cornichons, the remain-ing 2 tablespoons of oil, the lemon juice, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with Brie and bread.