- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 oz (140 g) onion, finely chopped
- 5 oz (140 g) carrot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 4 celery hearts (do not separate stalks)
- ½ cup 4 fl oz chicken stock
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a skillet, add the onion, carrot, and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, until just starting to soften. Spread the sautéed veggies in the base of an ovenproof dish and place the celery hearts on top.
- Pour the stock over the celery hearts, and season well with sea salt and black pepper. Cover tightly – if your dish doesn’t have a lid use a cookie sheet – and bake at 350F for 1 ½ hours. PS. Don’t forget to use oven mitts when removing the cookie sheet.
- Place on a serving dish and spoon the stock and sautéed veggies over the top. So pretty!