- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- 1⁄3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- One 5-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- ½ cup Rice Chex cereal
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 11 × 7- inch baking pan.
- For the squash, cream the butter and granulated sugar in a bowl using a mixer. Beat in the eggs, evaporated milk, and vanilla. Stir in the squash. The mixture will be thin. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until almost set.
- For the topping, combine the cereal, brown sugar, pecans, and melted butter in a bowl; mix well. Remove the casserole from oven and sprinkle on the topping. Return to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes until bubbly.