Light and fluffy, this snack tastes even better than traditional hummus. It has all the wonderful flavors of a Greek snack, but without the difficult-to-digest legumes.
- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (about 2 cups [200 g] florets)
- 1/3 cup (80 g) tahini
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (28 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Dash of smoked paprika (optional)
How to Make It
- Place a steamer basket in a medium pot and fill the pot with about 2 inches (5 cm) of water. If you don’t have a basket, use a colander on top of your pot. Bring the water to a boil. Place the cauliflower florets in the steamer basket or colander. Cover and allow the florets to steam for 8 minutes, or until soft.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. Add the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. That’s it! Dust with smoked paprika, if desired, before serving.
- This hummus goes great with My Favorite Crunchy Crackers (page 106) or with any sliced raw veggies.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.