These small, delicate bites are a real treat, not only because to their fresh taste but also because the bright red and light green combination of colours really gets noticed! They can be served not only as appetizers but also as amuse-bouche, to impress your guests.
- Yield: 20
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- ⅔ cup (85 g) sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (to prevent oxidation of greens)
- sea salt
- Wash the tomatoes and remove their stems. Next, cut a very thin layer off the bottom of each tomato so that they can sit on a serving plate without rolling. Slice off the tops and scoop out the flesh with a small spoon to make enough space for the filling. Do this carefully so as not to damage the tomatoes.
- Wash and drain the spinach well. Lightly dry-roast the sunflower seeds to release their full aroma. Place all the ingredients (except the tomatoes) in a blender and blend until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of water if necessary; the pesto should be liquid enough to be easily spooned or piped into the cored cherry tomatoes.
- Fill each tomato carefully and serve immediately on fresh lettuce and seed sprouts, if desired.