- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons chili paste or minced fresh chilies
- 1½ tablespoons oil
- ½ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Spice Mix
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless chicken leg, cubed
- 1 cup (250 g) plain yogurt
How to Make It
- Combine the garlic, ginger, chili paste, oil, lemon juice, salt, Garam Masala Spice Mix and red food coloring, if using. Rub the marinade thoroughly onto the chicken pieces. Mix with the yogurt and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours (preferably overnight).
- Thread the chicken onto skewers and brush with additional oil. Place under a very hot grill or broiler for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until cooked and golden brown. Serve with Mint Coriander Chutney, onion rings, lemon wedges and Indian bread such as Tandoori Naan.