Mmmmm, chocolate pudding. Great for those days you just aren’t feeling so hot and are needing a little something comforting. This isn’t your usual “out of the box” pudding, so don’t go expecting it. It is, however, decadent, rich, and a sweet treat to have once in a while. We are guessing that even Bill Cosby would approve of this delicious recipe.
- 3 tablespoons high-fat cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (40 g) arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 ounces (113 g) good-quality dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large egg yolks
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder, arrowroot powder and vanilla.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk to combine all and whisk out any lumps.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring remaining coconut milk up to a low simmer.
- Add in the dark chocolate to melt it, stirring often.
- Mix in the arrowroot/cocoa/vanilla mixture, and whisk continuously.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks to break them apart, stir in a little bit of the warm coconut milk mixture, then pour all the contents back into the saucepan, and return to the heat.
- Whisk all until smooth and the mixture coats the back of a spatula.
- Pour into small ramekins, place plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent any skin forming, and put in refrigerator to chill. Serve cold.