- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
- 2 celery hearts, stalks separated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 cup 8 fl oz heavy (double) cream
- 1 oz 30 g almond meal (ground almonds with skins on)
How to Make It
- Slice each celery stalk lengthwise into strips and then cut all strips into 2 – 3” lengths. Place the celery sticks in an ovenproof dish.
- In a small bowl mix the sea salt, pepper, allspice, and cream together well and pour evenly over the celery.
- Bake in the oven at 375F for 1 hour. Carefully remove from the oven and sprinkle the almond meal evenly over the celery. Bake for a further 30 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.