- Yield: 10 Servings (¾ cup each)
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 medium yellow summer squash and/or zucchini, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 14.5 oz cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 5.7 oz packages curry-flavor couscous mix
- 1 fresh jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped sliced almonds, toasted
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
How to Make It
- In a 3-½- or 4-quart slow cooker combine onion, squash, tomatoes, the water, seasoning packets from couscous mixes, and the jalapeño pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in couscous. Turn off cooker. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous mixture with a fork. Sprinkle each serving with almonds and, if desired, raisins. If desired, garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.