- Yield: 2 Servings
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and diced
- 2–3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt, pepper and paprika, to taste
- 6 strips of thick-slab bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 extra-large egg
- 2–4 cooked flour tortillas
- 1–2 ounces shredded American cheese (Land of Lakes Extra Melt), for garnish
How to Make It
- About 15–20 minutes before serving, pre-heat comal (griddle) for tortillas at medium heat. Scrub potato; peel, dice and boil until soft; careful not to overboil. Drain immediately and let cool.
- In a 10-inch skillet over high heat, add vegetable oil. When oil is hot, place potatoes in skillet, stir occasionally and then add salt, pepper and paprika. Mix well and continue to stir until all spices are spread out as evenly as possible. Drain oil.
- In a separate 10-inch skillet, cook the chopped bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Then drain most of the bacon drippings, leaving a little behind, to continue cooking the remaining ingredients. While bacon is cooking, place the eggs in a bowl, beat with a whisk and set aside.
- When bacon is completely cooked, and still over medium heat, add the diced potatoes and mix.
- After all ingredients are mixed well, pour eggs over the rest of the potato and bacon mixture. Still over medium heat, when egg mixture begins to set, with a cooking spoon (or spatula), stir cooked portions slightly so thin, uncooked part flows to bottom. Avoid constant stirring. Cook until eggs are slightly set and all ingredients are well mixed, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat tortillas on the comal (griddle) by turning them over every few seconds. Tortillas are ready when they have puffed up on each side. Flour tortillas are to be served soft with some golden spots, so be careful not to burn or toast them.
- When tortillas are ready, place a tortilla on a plate (or taco basket) and add a large heaping spoonful of the egg mixture over the middle of the tortilla; fold the tortilla over, garnish with the shredded American cheese and serve with Juan in a Million® Hot Sauce and enjoy!