This is the perfect pot dish to make to curb those lasagna cravings. It is so easy to make, it makes cleanup incredibly easy.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1, 14.5 ounce can of tomatoes with basil and garlic, drained
- 1, 26 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
- 2/3 cup of condensed cream of onion soup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1¼ cup of cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 9 lasagna noodles, no-cooked
- ½ cup of Colby-Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make It
- In a pot set over medium heat, add in the lean ground beef and minced garlic. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the beef is browned. Drain the excess grease.
- Add in the tomatoes and spaghetti sauce. Stir well to mix. Continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until warm.
- In a bowl, add in the condensed cream of onion soup, beaten eggs, cottage cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well to mix.
- In a separate pot set over medium heat, add in 1 cup of the meat sauce. Add a layer of 1 cup of cottage cheese followed by 1½ cups of the meat sauce and half of the noodles. Repeat these layers three more times, topping off with the remaining meat sauce.
- Allow to come to a boil. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the cover. Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce is thick in consistency. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and Monterey jack cheese over the top.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.