- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 pound eggplant, peeled and diced
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup butter cracker crumbs, about 25 crackers
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 1½- quart baking dish.
- Cook the eggplant and onions in a small amount of water in a saucepan until tender; drain. Add the egg, salt, pepper,and butter; mix well.
- Combine the sour cream and cheese in a small bowl; mix well.
- Spoon half of the eggplant mixture into the prepared dish. Top with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layers and top the casserole with the cracker crumbs. Bake for 45 minutes.