This supertasty roll-up will let you enjoy a sandwich-like snack without the guilt or worry of eating a high-carb, gluten-filled, high-glycemic bread. Great with sunflower seed butter and fresh, cut-up strawberries or the fruit of your choice, you’ll never have to miss sandwich bread . . . or the peanut butter or jelly for that matter.
- Yield: 5 sandwiches
- ½ cup (56 g) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) psyllium husk powder
- 1 tablespoon (12 g) coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (54 g) coconut oil
- 1 cup (235 ml) boiling water
- 1/3 cup (75 g) sunflower seed butter
- 10 strawberries, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C, or gas mark 5). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, coconut palm sugar, and cinnamon. Add the coconut oil and hot water and stir it all together.
- Spread the dough out on the lined baking sheet. With a rolling pin or glass, flatten out the dough as evenly as you can so it’s about ½ inch (1.5 cm) thick. Bake 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Then move to a cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the dough is cool, spread the sunflower seed butter and strawberries (or whatever fruit you would like). Then carefully roll the “bread” and slice, with a pizza cutter or knife, into 3 inch (7.5 cm) pieces.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.