Rich and meaty lamb chops pair wonderfully with a garlic, parsley and mint-based sauce. It keeps the dish light and highlights the flavor of the lamb. Adding grilled vegetables introduces more flavor and texture to the dish while the combination of quinoa and bulgur wheat makes it hearty.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 2 Hours
- 1 pound lamb chops (450 grams)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped fresh parsley
- 10 to 15 fresh mint leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 zucchini
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 pound snap peas (450 grams)
For the Lamb Chop
- Preheat a water bath to 131°F (55°C).
- Mix together the dried spices in a bowl. Lightly salt and pepper the lamb chops then sprinkle with the spices. Place in a sous vide bag with the rosemary and thyme then seal the bag. Cook for 2 to 3 hours, until heated through. For the Garlic-Parsley Sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste. For the Grilled Vegetables
- Remove the stem from the zucchinis and cut in half length-wise. Remove the stem and seeds of the peppers then cut into whole sides. Toss the zucchini and peppers with olive oil then salt and pepper them.
- Cut the onions into slabs, trying to keep the rings from separating for easy grilling. Brush with olive oil then salt and pepper them.
- Toss the snap peas with olive oil then salt and pepper them.
- Cook all the vegetables on the grill, or under a broiler, until they have taken on color and become tender. Remove from the heat and cut the zucchini, peppers, and onions into strips. To Assemble
- Remove the cooked lamb chops from the sous vide bag and dry thoroughly using paper towels or a dish cloth. Lightly salt the lamb then quickly sear it until it starts to brown.
- Place the quinoa and bulgur in a bowl along with the grilled vegetables. Drizzle with the garlic-parsley sauce and top with the lamb chops. Sprinkle with basil leaves and nasturtium blossoms then serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.