- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- 4 tablespoons solid cooking fat
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pounds pastured chicken thigh, ground
- 1 tablespoon and ¼ cup coconut flour, divided
How to Make It
- Heat one tablespoon of the cooking fat in a skillet on medium heat. When it is ready, add the onions and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring. Add the garlic and sage and continue to cook, stirring, until they are fragrant and browned but not burned (a couple more minutes).
- Take the pan off the heat and let the mixture cool down for a few minutes. While you are waiting, place the coconut flour on a plate.
- When the garlic and sage mixture is just warm and no longer hot, add to the ground chicken with the coconut flour and sea salt. Mix well, and form into 12-14 patties, dredging them lightly in the coconut flour.
- Heat your skillet up on medium again, adding more cooking fat if there isn’t any left in the pan. Cook the patties in batches for 10-15 minutes a side, until golden brown and completely cooked throughout. Alternately, they can be baked in the oven for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees.