Celebrate a birthday– or any day– with this nut-free, dairy-free, grain-free chocolate cake. Everyone can enjoy it since it has only healthy ingredients.
- Yield: 10 to 12 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 8 oz melted semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- 8 large eggs
- ½ plain, dairy-free yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup palm shortening
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp arrow root flour
- ½ tsp grass-fed, unflavored gelatin
- 8 oz cooled melted semisweet chocolate
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place baking soda, coconut flour and sea salt in small bowl. Whisk and combine.
- Whisk 8 oz. of chocolate, vanilla extract, yogurt, eggs and maple syrup in medium sized bowl.
- Whisk in coconut flour mixture till smooth. Allow batter to sit for 8-10 minutes.
- Pour batter in two x 9” cake pans. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Cool for 8-10 minutes and place on cooling rack.
- Place palm shortening, melted chocolate, gelatin, arrow root, vanilla extract and syrup in standing mixer bowl. Whisk for 2-3 minutes till fluffy and light.
- For assembly, place one layer cake on plate. Top with 1/3 of frosting. Put second layer on the top and use the rest of the frosting to frost remainder of cake. Serve.