- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 2 Hours
For the Tofu
- 1 package firm or extra-firm tofu, about
- 14 ounces (400 grams)
- 3 tablespoons harissa or other chile-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
For the Kale
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 1½ cups cooked lentils
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
For the Tofu
- Preheat a water bath to 180°F (82.2°C).
- Drain the tofu and cut into slabs ¾" to 1" thick (19 mm to 25 mm). Place the slabs on paper towels, top with more paper towels and a sheet pan lightly weighted down. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mix the harissa and soy sauce together. Remove the sheet pan from the tofu and brush the tofu with the harissa mixture. Place the tofu in a sous vide bag then lightly seal the bag and cook for 2 to 3 hours. For the Kale
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the kale, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar then cover and let cook until the kale is tender, about 10 to 20 minutes. To Assemble
- Remove the cooked tofu from the sous vide bag and dry thoroughly using paper towels or a dish cloth. Sear the tofu with a torch or under a broiler until it starts to brown. Remove from the heat and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Place the farro and lentils in a bowl and top with the kale and its juices. Add the tofu and the roasted red peppers. Sprinkle with the basil then serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.