- Yield: 2 Servings
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon solid cooking fat
- 2 whole trout (about 450 g each), scaled and gutted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with the cooking fat. Sprinkle the salt all over the inside and outside of the fish, and place them in the dish.
- Fill the cavity of each fish with a few lemon slices and a couple large sprigs of the herbs. Using the twine, tie a loop around the middle of each fish so that the contents stay inside. Alternatively, pin the thinnest part of each belly closed, using skewers or toothpicks.
- Roast for 15 minutes, or until the flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve whole, eating around the bones, herbs and lemon in the cavity.