These muffins are a healthy choice for a leisurely brunch; delicious eaten when they’re still warm. One muffin offers a good amount of fiber.
- Yield: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place 12 paper muffin liners in a 12-hole muffin pan, or simply place the liners on a baking sheet, or grease a 12-hole muffin pan with butter.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and oatbran into a large bowl. Pour in any bran left in the sieve. Add the walnuts (if using). Stir well.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a separate mixing bowl and cream together, using an electric hand-held mixer, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well. Stir in the bananas and milk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to combine. Do not over mix or the muffins will be heavy. Divide the mixture between the paper liners or muffin pan holes.
- Bake for 20 minutes (start checking after 15), or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.