Light syrup adds just enough sweetness to bring out the best in the sweet potatoes, apples, and cranberries.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 Hours
- 1½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces (about 5 cups)
- 2 medium tart cooking apples (such as Granny Smith), cored and coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, snipped
- 1½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup light pancakes and waffle syrup product
How to Make It
- In a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker, combine sweet potatoes, apples, dried cranberries, ginger, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pepper. Pour the water and syrup over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2½ to 3 hours.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.