- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Hours
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen unsweetened pitted tart red cherries
- ½ cup cherry cider, apple cider, or apple juice
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 vanilla bean, split lenghtwise, or 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 to 3 tbsp cherry or almond liqueur
- Pound cake slice, angel food cake slices, or vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream (optional)
How to Make It
- In a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker combine frozen cherries, cider, brown sugar, tapioca, and vanilla bean, if using.
- Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Remove and discard vanilla bean halves, if using, or stir in vanilla. Stir in cherry or almond liqueur. Spoon over cake slices or ice cream in bowls. If desired, top with whipped cream.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.