This is a risotto dish that is packed full of a rich flavor you won’t be able to get enough of. Best of all, this dish is vegan and pack full of nutritious protein.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
- 3½ ounces of dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 cup of white quinoa
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of miso paste
- 1 cup of spinach
- ½ cup of vegetable broth, extra if needed
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
How to Make It
- In a bowl, add in the mushrooms and cover with boiling water. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes. Strain the water into a saucepan. Set the mushrooms aside.
- Set the saucepan with the mushroom water over medium heat, add in the white quinoa. Allow to come to a boil. Lower the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes.
- In a pot set over medium heat, add in the olive oil. Add in the minced garlic and shallots. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Add in the drained mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the miso paste and dash of black pepper. Stir well until the miso dissolves.
- Add the quinoa into the pot and stir well to incorporate. Add in the spinach and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Add in the vegetable broth and nutritional yeast. Stir well until creamy in consistency. Remove from heat.
- Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Serve immediately.