This is a delicious pot dish you can make whenever you need to get dinner on the table in a hurry. It only takes 30 minutes to put together, making dinner time a cinch.
- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, evenly divided
- 2 Tablespoons of butter, evenly divided
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds of ribeye steak, boneless, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 12 ounces of cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell peppers, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoons of dried thyme
- 1 pound of dried cavatappi pasta
- 4 cups of beef stock
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of cream cheese
- 8 slices of provolone cheese, chopped and evenly divided
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- Parsley, minced and for garnish
How to Make It
- In a pot set over medium to high heat, add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Add in the steak slices. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until cooked. Transfer onto a plate and set aside.
- Add in the remaining tablespoon of olive and butter. Once the butter melts, add in the sliced mushrooms, sliced yellow onion and sliced green bell peppers. Stir well to mix. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Season with a dash of salt, black pepper and dried thyme.
- Pour in the beef stock and water. Allow to come to a boil. Add in the cavatappi pasta. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat.
- Add in the sour cream, cream cheese, steak and half of the provolone cheese slices. Stir well to mix. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper.
- Top off with the remaining provolone cheese slices.
- Place into the oven to broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a topping of minced parsley.