If you’re thinking about what’s around at the peak of summer, you have peaches and you have tomatoes. They’re an unexpected but super-delicious combination, basically because they aren’t too dissimilar they each can be really acidic or sweet.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 cups torn and toasted bread
- 1 recipe Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into ½- to 1-inch chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 large peaches, cut into ½- to 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cranks black pepper
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1 cup packed basil
How to Make It
Soften the Bread
- In a large bowl, toss the bread bits with about half of the vinaigrette and let them sit for a minute or two to soften slightly. Put it Together and Serve
- Add the cheese, cherry tomatoes, peaches, salt, and pepper to the bread and give everything another good toss. Let the mixture sit until the tomatoes give up some of their liquid, another couple of minutes. Add the arugula and basil and give it one more quick toss. Taste and, if desired, add the remaining vinaigrette and toss again or serve the dressing on the side.