- Yield: 18 Servings(½ cup cake and 2 Tbsp topping each)
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 layer-size chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 0.33 cup canola oil
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 4 serving-size packages fat-free, sugar-free, reduced calorie chocolate cook-and-serve pudding and pie filling mix
- ¼ cups frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 9 round sugar-free peppermint candies, crushed (optional)
How to Make It
- Coat the inside of a 5-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, water, eggs, oil, and peppermint extract. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Pour the batter into prepared cooker.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together milk and pudding mix. Bring mixture just to a simmer; remove from heat.
- Gently pour hot pudding mixture over cake batter. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2-¾ to 3 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted near the center of the cake reaches 180°F, rotating the crockery liner 180 degrees halfway through the cooking time. Remove liner from cooker. Let stand, uncovered, for 15 minutes before serving. To serve, top with dessert topping and, if desired, sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.