Smoky Red Pepper Mayo and melted cheese transform this grilled mushroom sandwich into the perfect
weeknight dinner. Make some extra mayo to dress up other sandwiches; store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 7 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- Olive oil–cooking spray
- 4 (0.7-ounce) part-skim mozzarella slices
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Smoky Red Pepper Mayo
- 4 (1.5-ounce) whole-grain white sandwich thins (such as Arnold)
How to Make It
- Prepare grill.
- Coat both sides of mushroom caps with cooking spray. Place mushroom caps, gill side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes; turn mushrooms over, and top evenly with cheeses. Grill 5 minutes or until cheeses melt.
- Spread 2½ tablespoons Smoky Red Pepper Mayo evenly on cut sides of each sandwich thin. Place a mushroom cap, cheese side up, on bottom of each sandwich thin. Top with sandwich thin tops.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.