Vitamin C allows the body to quickly clear out cortisol, a primary stress hormone that increases sugars in the bloodstream. It just so happens that red peppers are the second highest plant source of vitamin C, containing almost 300 percent of our daily vitamin C intake. Mix all of that into a divine-tasting dip and you’ve got a superb snack!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup (100 g) shelled walnuts
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (12 ounces, or 340 g) roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (28 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts, paprika, onion powder, and salt until the walnuts are finely ground (like the consistency of hummus).
- Add the peppers, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice and blend until completely smooth.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.