Roasting the tomatoes and peppers intensifies their natural sweetness, which is the key to this simple
sandwich’s robust flavor. Round out your meal by adding crispy sweet potato chips.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 (½-inch thick) slices large beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, quartered lengthwise
- 1 (10-ounce) whole-grain baguette, halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Parsley Aioli
How to Make It
- Preheat broiler.
- Place tomato slices and bell pepper on a baking sheet lined with foil. Broil 10 minutes or until bell pepper is charred. Cut bell pepper crosswise into thin strips.
- Place baguette halves cut sides up on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Arrange tomato slices in a single layer on top of cut side of bottom half of toasted baguette. Top tomato slices evenly with goat cheese and pepper strips.
- Spread Parsley Aïoli on cut side of top half of toasted baguette. Top pepper strips with top half of baguette. Cut crosswise into 4 equal portions.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.