A warm, delicious and comforting drink from the Turkish region, this recipe is perfect for chilly winter mornings.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 6 tsps Salep flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 L whole milk + A few tbsp of warm whole milk
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla extract
How to Make It
- Boil the milk in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the salep flour, cornstarch and sugar. Add in the warm milk gradually until mixture resembles a paste.
- Once the milk has boiled, lower the heat and slowly add in the salep flour mixture, mixing constantly. Simmer for 30 minutes, add in the vanilla and simmer for a minute or two more. Serve right away. Enjoy!