- Yield: 24 Crackers
- Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- ½ cup raw sesame seed
- ¼ cup white rice flour
- ¼ cup sweet white sorghum flour
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons potato starch flour
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 0.12 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- ½ cup roasted sesame tahini
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or canola oil
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1 egg white, beaten
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spread sesame seed in ungreased shallow pan. Bake uncovered 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper; spray paper with cooking spray (without flour).
- In small bowl, mix flours, xanthan gum, salt and baking powder with whisk; set aside. In medium microwavable bowl, microwave tahini, oil and hot water on High 5 seconds; stir with whisk until blended. Add tamari and flour mixture; stir until blended. Reserve 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed for topping. Stir remaining sesame seed into dough.
- Spray hands and rolling pin with cooking spray (without flour). Roll dough to ¼-inch thickness. Using small (about 2-inch) cookie cutters, cut dough into shapes, rerolling dough as necessary. Place crackers on cookie sheet; prick with fork. Brush egg white over tops of crackers; sprinkle with reserved sesame seed.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.