These flavorful claims in a broth can serve as a tapas or a full meal.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
- 1½ lbs clams
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp saffron treads
- 3 tbsp parsley
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups diced canned tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Slices of crusty country bread
How to Make It
- Clean the clams thoroughly.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Add the paprika, saffron, salt, pepper to the skillet and stir.
- Add the clams and cover the skillet.
- Let the clams simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and discard any unopened clams.
- Drizzle in the lemon juice.
- Serve with the crusty bread.