- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 2 Hours
For the Strip Steak
- 1 to 2 pounds strip steak (450 to 900 grams)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle pepper powder, or other chile powder
For the Roasted Cauliflower Puree
- 1 head of cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the Garlic Kale
- 1 bunch kale, washed and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
How to Make It
For the Strip Steak
- Preheat the water bath to 131°F (55°C).
- Mix the spices together in a bowl. Salt and pepper the steak and sprinkle with some of the spice mixture. Add to the sous vide bag, seal, and place in the water bath. Cook the steak for 2 to 4 hours, until heated through. For the Roasted Cauliflower Puree
- Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Toss the cauliflower, garlic, and shallots in olive oil then salt and pepper it. Place on a roasting sheet then cook, stirring once or twice, about 20 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Place the roasted vegetables, chicken stock, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. For the Garlic Kale
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the kale, garlic, ginger, and vinegar then cover and let cook until the kale is tender, about 10 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding small amounts of water as needed. To Assemble
- Take the strip steak out of the water bath and remove it from the bag. Dry it off thoroughly using paper towels or a dish cloth. Quickly sear the steak for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until just browned, then remove from the heat and cut it into serving sections.
- Place the kale on a plate and top with the steak. Place a dollop of roasted cauliflower puree next to it and sprinkle the puree with the paprika. Place the tomatoes and peppers around the steak. Sprinkle with the thyme leaves and sea salt then serve.