- Yield: 4 Servings
For Veal Chops
- 4 veal chops, bone-in
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Parsley, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups bread crumbs
- Clarified butter, enough to fill a 14" pan about ¼ full
For Arugula Salad
- 1 pound arugula lettuce
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced
- ¼ of a medium red onion, sliced in half-moon shape
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground white pepper, to taste
How to Make It
For Veal Chops
- Leaving the bone in, pound the veal meat thin; then break eggs into a bowl and whisk. Add the vegetable oil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper; whisk all together and set the mixture in a half-size hotel pan. Set the bread crumbs in a second half-size hotel pan.
- Dip the pounded veal chops in the egg mixture; then transfer them to the pan with the bread crumbs. Cover each chop with bread crumbs, tapping the bread into the meat with your hands until the whole chop is equally breaded.
- Put a 14" pan ¼ full with clarified butter over medium-high heat and heat butter to 375°F. Carefully add breaded chops one by one until all chops are in the pan and fry until golden. Remove chops from butter, place on a paper towel–lined plate to get rid of the excess butter, and sprinkle with salt. For Arugula Salad
- In a nonreactive bowl, mix the arugula, tomatoes, and red onions. Dress the salad with fresh lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and ground white pepper. To Complete
- Place each Veal Chop on an 11" oval plate and top with Arugula Salad. Serve immediately.