If you’ve been invited to a “turkey and all the trimmings” potluck dinner, help out with the trimmings by bringing this elegant rice pilaf.
- Yield: 15 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Hours
- 3 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2½ cups wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 (4½ ounce) jar (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tsp dried marjoram, crushed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Chopped green onions (optional)
How to Make It
- In a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker, combine broth, uncooked wild rice, carrot, mushrooms, melted butter, marjoram, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Turn off cooker, Stir in dried cherries, the 2/3 cup green onions, and the pecans, Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon. If desired, garnish with additional green onions.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.