The strong flavors of mackerel are complemented well by this robust marinade and the bright, zingy salad.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 Minutes
For the Salad
How to Make It
- Mix together the chile, capers, olive oil, and lemon juice in a wide, shallow bowl. Add the mackerel fillets and season well on both sides. Rub the mixture over the fish, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cook the fish, skin-side down, for 2–3 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown. Turn it gently, brush with the marinade, and cook for another 2–3 minutes. Remove from the heat and divide between four warmed serving plates.
- Put the salad ingredients in a serving bowl, toss gently, and serve with the fish, with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.