Some associate tapioca pudding with bland flavor and unappealing texture. This version is rich and creamy with a pleasing textural contrast from the tapioca pearls.
- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
How to Make It
- Pour ¾ cup milk into a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add the tapioca pearls and stir to mix. Let the mixture soak for about 45 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining milk. Add the egg yolks, salt, and both types of sugar and whisk well to combine. Split the vanilla bean with a sharp knife, add to the pan, and stir well to mix.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tapioca pearls are soft and the pudding has thickened slightly.
- Remove from the heat and discard the vanilla bean. Serve warm with blackberries and a swirl of cream; or serve chilled for a thicker texture. You can keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2–3 days.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.