This recipe is a great one if you want to impress your guests with your fancy ketogenic cooking! The gremolata adds a burst of fresh, bright flavor that beautifully complements the buttery scallops. Rich in protein and healthy fats, as well as iodine, this recipe will help you build strong thyroid health.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Preheat the oven’s broiler. In a small bowl, combine the almonds, olive oil, garlic, parsley, lemon zest and salt and pepper. Mix well. Spread on a small cookie sheet and place under the broiler until browned, for about 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a saucepan large enough to accommodate all the scallops side by side, melt the butter on very low heat. Once melted, add the scallops in one layer, then sprinkle with the salt. Cook just until they turn opaque, about a minute, then turn and cook for another minute, until they are cooked through. Remove the scallops from the butter with a slotted spoon. Don’t overcook the scallops or they will become dry and rubbery.
- Serve the scallops over a salad or over Easy Cauliflower Rice, sprinkled with 3 to 4 tablespoons (8 to 10 g) of gremolata.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.