Make this rich, velvety soup more sophisticated with a garnish of sage leaves, quickly fried in light oil. Butternut squash contains antioxidants that are known to promote good eyesight.
- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan with a lid. Add the onion, leek, and celery and cook for 5 minutes until they soften, but do not brown.
- Add the squash, stock, and sage, and season well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes until the squash is tender.
- Blend the soup, either in a blender or using a hand-held blender, until completely smooth. Check the seasoning and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.