The perfect breakfast on the go or handy snack, these sweet, chewy, and wholesome bars feel like a treat, but pack a big nutritional punch and will keep you full all morning.
- Yield: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
How to Make It
- Place the almonds, quinoa flakes, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, dried cranberries, puffed rice cereal, chocolate chips, and orange zest in a bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon and set aside. Grease and line an 8 x 10 in (20 x 25 cm) baking pan with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil, honey, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the sugar has melted and the mixture is bubbling. Set aside to cool for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the cooled honey mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix using a wooden spoon until well incorporated, making sure the chocolate chips have melted and are evenly combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Press down firmly with the back of a wooden spoon to make a roughly even layer
- Place the baking pan in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to allow the mixture to cool and harden. Remove from the refrigerator, turn out on to a cutting board, and cut into bars. These can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.