If you’re a fan of hummus, try this equally enjoyable dip. Served with crunchy crudités and strips of pitta, it makes a good starter or snack.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 wholemeal pitta bread
- 0.33 cucumber, quartered lengthways, deseeded and cut into sticks
- 3 celery sticks, halved lengthways and cut into sticks
- 4 radishes, quartered
- 14 oz (400 g) canned cannellini beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ lemon juice
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
How to Make It
- To make the dip, tip the beans into the bowl of a food processor. Add the garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Pulse for 20 seconds, or until a thick paste forms. Alternatively, place the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat thoroughly with a wooden spoon to combine. Add a little water if the mixture is too stiff. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Preheat the grill to medium and lightly toast the pitta bread. Cut into eight strips.
- Place the bowl of dip in the centre of a plate, surrounded by the crudités and pitta bread strips. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.