This coffee-flavored granita is simple to prepare. Make sure the texture is crystallized, like shaved ice.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
How to Make It
- Set the freezer to its coldest setting and place four freezerproof serving bowls or glasses in the freezer. In a small saucepan, dissolve the sugar in 1¼ cup cold water over medium heat. Increase the heat and bring to a boil, then boil for 5 minutes to make a light syrup.
- Pour the syrup into a shallow, freezerproof dish. Stir in the vanilla extract and coffee, then set aside to cool completely.
- Transfer to the freezer. Use a fork to break up the frozen chunks every 30 minutes or so. Continue to do this for 4 hours, or until the mixture has the texture of shaved ice, then leave the granita in the freezer until ready to serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.